The Epson XP-7100 packs a lot of great features into an excellent compact package. It delivers crisp documents, vibrant photos, and fast copies, backed up by a single-pass auto-duplex feature and a wide variety of connectivity options. It isn’t the cheapest photo printer in terms of operating costs, but it’s affordable enough in low volume applications and worth a look for most personal and home office uses.
The Epson XP-7100 has a reasonably decent design. The output tray slides out automatically when printing, and retracts by pressing a button on the touch screen. The input trays feel solid and make an excellent clicking sound when they’re fully extended and properly closed shut. The XP-7100 scanner lid also feels solid and can be slightly lifted to scan magazines, but not enough for thicker books. The automatic document feeder (ADF) cover feels quite flimsy, though, and the rear input extender seems especially fragile. You can also only access the ink cartridges when the printer is on.
The Epson XP-7100’s 5-cartridge inkjet system is terrible. Both the black and color page yields are terrible. You don’t have to print very much before this printer needs new ink cartridges. Thankfully, if you run out of black ink during a print job, the printer will request to use the photo black or color cartridges to finish the active position. Unfortunately, you can’t continue printing in black and white with the photo or color cartridges after the job has completed. On the upside, there are high-yield cartridges available. This printer will accept third-party cartridges, but this could void its warranty. Special attention must also be paid as this printer uses a combination of dye and pigment-based inks.
Table of Contents
Epson XP-7100 Printer Support for Windows and macOS
Windows 10 (x86), Windows 10 (x64), Windows 8 (x86), Windows 8 (x64), Windows 8.1 (x86), Windows 8.1 (x64), Windows 7 (x86), Windows 7 (x64) and Mac OS
How To Install Epson XP-7100 Software on Windows:
- Click the highlighted link below to download Epson XP-7100 setup utility file.
- Click agree and next.
- Tap install XP-7100
- Choose your printer from the list and tap next.
- Tick printer registration on the next window and click next.
- Select register to Epson connect printer setup and fill in the form
- Then click close
How To Install Epson Wireless Printer :
- Turn on your local network access point and follow the Epson printer support guide.
- Turn on the printer and head to the printer’s control panel then press setup button.
- Select Wireless LAN setup then press OK.
- Pick a network name and type the security key.
- Go to confirm settings and click OK.
- Install the driver and start printing
How To Install Epson XP-7100 Software on Mac:
- Install the Epson XP-7100 printer setup utility and follow the instructions
- Tap continue – Install – Close
- Click next after selecting your printer
- Choose printer registration – Next and OK
- Click I agree to terms and conditions
- Create a new account and register the Epson XP-7100 printer
- Upon completion, enable scan to cloud and remote print services