The Epson XP-420 is a multifunction inkjet printer that can copy, scan, and print at a basic level. It doesn’t have high-end features like a duplexer for printing on both sides of the page, an automatic document feeder (ADF) for scanning or copying documents with more than one page, or a second paper tray for photo paper. But even if you’re OK with that trade-off, you’ll still need to be determined, especially when printing pictures. The high-resolution 2.5″ color LCD makes it easy to set up and move around, and the built-in card slot lets you seed, plant, and print photos without a PC.
With the included software, you can scan and share on Facebook or other cloud services. The Epson XP-420 All-in-One is, pound for pound, one of the most reliable printers on the market. It is a bit limited in terms of high-end features and performance, but it is perfect for anyone who wants to print and scan basic documents and medium-resolution photos using an easy-to-use, mobile-friendly interface.
The XP-420 was able to make high-quality prints with eye-catching graphics. Our test pictures printed on glossy photo paper had a lot of good information and bright colors. Matches made by the Epson XP-420 were similar to those made by other inkjets that were tested. Text and graphics lost a little strength, but values were often clear. The scan quality was very good and about the same as with other inkjet all-in-ones. The XP-420 did a perfect job of copying the shades and small details in photos, keeping information in the shadows.
Table of Contents
Epson Compatibility & Operating Systems:
Epson XP 420 Drivers Download, Software For Windows & Mac:
How To Install Epson XP-420 Driver on Windows:
- Click the highlighted link below to download the Epson XP-420 setup utility file.
- Click agree and next.
- Tap install XP-420 driver
- Choose your printer from the list and tap next.
- Tick printer registration on the next window and click next.
- Select register to Epson connect printer setup and fill in the form
- Then click close
How To Setup Epson XP-420 Driver on Mac:
- Install the Epson XP-420 printer setup utility and follow the instructions
- Tap continue – Setup – Close
- Click next after selecting your printer.
- Choose XP-420 printer registration – Next and OK.
- Click I agree to terms and conditions.
- Create a new account and register the Epson XP-420 driver
- Upon completion, enable scan to cloud and remote print services